The Texas Center for Child and Family Studies (Center), the 501(c)(3) entity of the Texas Alliance of Child and Family Services (TACFS) seeks applications to develop and establish or expand and operate coordinated programs focused on the following areas: 1) community-based family support services, 2) family preservation services, 3) family reunification services, and 4) adoption promotion and support services. The emergency supplemental funding aims to identify the unmet needs for services or support that families at risk or in crisis are experiencing during the pandemic to address the four key areas mentioned above.
For more information on these four key focus areas please review the full RFA here.
Organizations eligible to apply at this time must fit the listed requirements:
- 1) Eligible applicants for funding must one of the following organization types:
- – Service provider operating in the State of Texas with applicable incurred costs;
- – Active DFPS Prevention and Early Intervention Contractor;
- – DFPS licensed 24-Hour Residential Child Care operation with an active contract with DFPS or an SSCC;
- – DFPS or SSCC Client Service Contractor;
- – Single Source Continuum Contractor (SSCC); or
- – An operation contracted to provide Supervised Independent Living services (SIL) to DFPS Youth.
- 2) Must be in good standing (i.e. must not be placed on probation by CCR at the time of the award). The Center reserves the right to terminate the agreement if an organization is placed on probation during the agreement’s term.
The Center invites applications to support organizations as they address the unmet needs of families at risk or in crisis, to develop or expand and operate coordinated programs of community-based family support services, family preservation services, family reunification services, and adoption promotion and support services. Organizations may submit one application per organization. Funding will be awarded through a selection process up to $60,000 per organization.
The Requests for Applications (RFA) is open! We recognize the need to respond to the near and long-term needs of Texas’ most vulnerable children and families impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and it is an honor to be able to help support organizations in continuing to serve children, youth, and families. Organizations are eligible to apply regardless of other COVID-19 Relief Funding received through the Texas Center for Child and Families Studies.
Once selected, organizations will have until November 1st, 2022 to spend down project funding. Applications are due via our online application and are due by 5 pm Central Time on December 3rd, 2021. Tentative award announcement are anticipated on December 17th, 2021.
If you have additional questions about the RFA, please email email@example.com.