February 25, 2022 | 9:00am
Friday, January 28 – Registration now closed.
What: TBRI (Trust-Based Relational Intervention) Fridays
- Join TACFS/TX Center TBRI Practitioners on the last Friday of every month for TBRI Caregiver Training! Over the course of 10 months, TX Center staff will facilitate participants through the entire TBRI Trainer Caregiver Package.
- TBRI Fridays will cover the following topics in this general sequence: TBRI Introduction & Overview (Jan-Feb), TBRI Connecting Principles (March, April, May), TBRI Empowering Principles (June, July, Aug), and TBRI Correcting Principles (Sept, Oct).
- Participants can attend the entire 10-month series or just drop in any time!
- The training series is great for anyone new to TBRI or those who want a refresher.
- TBRI® is an attachment-based, trauma-informed intervention that is designed to meet the complex needs of vulnerable children. TBRI® uses Empowering Principles to address physical needs, Connecting Principles for attachment needs, and Correcting Principles to disarm fear-based behaviors. While the intervention is based on years of attachment, sensory processing, and neuroscience research, the heartbeat of TBRI® is connection .The TBRI Caregiver Training is designed to move from theory into behavioral applications, giving participants a knowledge base, then providing them with real-life tools they can use with the children and families they serve. TBRI is an evidence-based practice: The Karyn Purvis Institute of Child Development has published many peer reviewed journal articles which provide evidence for the success of the intervention. Trust-Based Relational Intervention® is currently listed on the California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare (CEBC) registry, and is rated as being “Highly” relevant in the child welfare system based upon the program being designed to meet the needs of children, youth, and families receiving child welfare services. Trust-Based Relational Intervention® is listed as a promising intervention in two categories: TBRI® Online Caregiver Training & TBRI® Caregiver Training in the area of Parent Training Programs that Address Behavior Problems in Children & Adolescents.
- The training is curriculum is copyrighted to the Karyn Purvis Institute of Child Development. TACFS/TX Center staff are licensed TBRI Practitioners and have permission from KPICD to facilitate the Caregiver Package.
Audience: Providers – all levels
When: Last Friday of every month from 9-11 AM beginning 1/28/22 ending 10/28/22.
Cost: Free to TACFS Members/$15 per session for non-members
Registration required. Participants can register for one training, mix and match several trainings, or sign up for the whole series.
Sign up for more sessions here:
Friday, February 25
Friday, March 25
Friday, April 29
Friday, May 27
Friday, June 24
Friday, July 29
Friday, August 26
Friday, September 30
Friday, October 28