The Texas Center for Child and Family Studies (Center), is opening a 2021 CARES Act RFA, seeking proposals to address immediate challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic. The Center invites applications from providers to address immediate needs and unplanned expenses related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Organizations eligible to apply at this time must fit the listed requirements:
1. Your organization is a DFPS licensed 24-hour residential childcare operation or agency with an active DFPS contract to serve children in the foster care system. RTCs, GROs, CPAs, SIL are examples of organizations eligible to apply.
2. Your organization is in good standing with the state and has the financial capacity to continue to serve independent of these funds.
3. Your organization has been directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and funds will be used to directly support unplanned expenses related to the COVID-19 pandemic (i.e. concrete needs, safety measures, workforce issues, switch to virtual service delivery, etc.) and address immediate challenges encountered in response to COVID-19.
Funding will be awarded through a selection process at no more than $15,000 per organization. These grants will assist in fulfilling targeted resources and concrete needs identified by the organization.
Required steps for completing the application process:
- Complete the online application for the Request for Applications (RFA).
- Assure required supplemental application documents are uploaded within the online application prior to submission.
- Most recent audit or year-end financial statement